Rights of light and daylight & sunlight advice for the development of Snow Hill Wharf, Birmingham.
The proposed development sits close to the Fazeley Canal, near Birmingham city centre and consists of several buildings with the tallest standing at 21 storeys. The development will provide 404 dwellings over 288,000 sq ft with a mixture of one, two and three bed apartments.
In addition, our CAD team prepared a 3D model for technical analysis for the planning submission. We produced impact results to the neighbouring properties and prepared overshadowing images. Our work involved the assessment of light within the proposed accommodation and reported these for submission as part of the planning application.
To ensure the work progressed without delay we engaged with adjoining property owners. Notices were served under the Party Wall Act. 1996, we negotiated with adjoining surveyors, preparing schedules of condition and agreeing Party Wall Awards.
In addition, we worked with neighbours to secure consent for tower crane over-sail rights and concluded licence agreements to regularise the consents received.
Client : Berkeley Group
Architect : GRID Architects
Sector : Residential
Also see our recent work at Lancaster Street in Birmingham.
Daylight & Sunlight Services
- Detailed Daylight & Sunlight Assessments
- Masterplanning & Site Optimisation
- Maximum Development Envelopes & Optimisation
- Façade Analysis & Optimisation
- Internal Daylight & Sunlight Assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Transient Overshadowing
- Hours in Sun for Amenity Space
- Climate Based Assessment
- Tree Impact Assessments
- Radiance Studies
- <a href="https://www.ansteyhorne.co.uk/services/solar-glare">Solar Glare</a>
- Light Pollution
- Expert Witness
- Technical adviser to Local Planning Authorities
- <a href="https://www.ansteyhorne.co.uk/news/new-bre-advice-on-daylight-and-sunlight">New British Standard EN17037 View Out Assessment</a>
For more details of our Rights of Light advice for Snow Hill Birmingham see our Birmingham Surveyor details.
For advice on rights of light direct from one of our Birmingham surveyors, please call our Rights of Light Enquiry Line on 0121 667 9902.
If you’d like us to call you, please fill in our Contact Us form and we will call you back.