Which buildings does the EWS1 Form apply to?

The EWS1 form applies to individual residential buildings over 18 metres tall. Updated government advice in the future may see this height restriction change and mortgage companies also want protection in case of new legislation.

While the EWS1 form does not apply for properties below 18 metres lenders and investors are increasingly requesting the same level of comfort across their entire portfolio. The lack of official guidance is creating issues for building owners, leasehold occupiers, managing agents, building insurers and mortgage providers.


Sign up to our newsletter

This website uses cookies to improve your experience.