Party Wall Surveyor Norwich

Our team were instrumental in the development of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 which provides rights to developing owners and safeguards for adjoining property owners.

With this expertise and the largest specialist team of Party Wall surveyors based across the UK, our Norwich team draw on a wealth of experience to advise developers or neighbours alike on how they are affected by the Act and other construction related issues.

Our Norwich Party Wall surveyors provide specialist Party Wall advice in the city and across the whole of East Anglia.

Our expertise avoids the “box ticking” service of others. We strive for an early involvement and a proactive approach that helps developers manage any risk and liabilities, or allows for early advise to neighbours on how best to protect their property during proposed works.

No matter the size of a project, from large commercial developments to managing the impact on neighbours of a modest residential scheme, we apply the same expertise, care and attention to detail.

Norfolk Party Wall Surveyor

Building Owner Party Wall Advice

If you are a Building Owner planning to carry out building works on your property we would strongly recommend that you have your plans checked by a suitably qualified and experienced party wall surveyor before work starts.

You must tell your neighbour if you want to :

  • Build on or at the boundary of your two properties.
  • Work on an existing party wall or party structure.
  • Excavate below and near to the foundation level of their building or structure.

We advise at pre-planning stage on likely issues including where the Party Wall Act applies. This includes advice on the strategic approach for dealing with neighbouring properties. We also advise on rights of access, crane oversail or scaffold access agreements and licences for example.

If you need guidance on whether the Act applies to the work you are planning send us the plans. Our surveyors will check the proposed work and clarify whether it comes within the scope of the Party Wall Act.

Our fees are fixed and competitive and we are confident that the level of service and expertise which will be applied to each case is unrivalled by any other firm.

Adjoining Owner Party Wall Advice

As a neighbour (‘Adjoining Owner’) to building works you might not welcome the potential upheaval from noise and disruption that is likely to be caused, for instance.

Whilst this may be the case, it is important to note that the main purpose of the Party Wall Act is to facilitate development, and allow works to progress. However, the Act also provides important rights and protections to an Adjoining Owner.

Adjoining Owners have the right to :

  • Appoint a surveyor to resolve any dispute.
  • Require reasonable necessary measures to be taken to protect their property from damage and for their security.
  • Not to endure any unnecessary inconvenience.
  • Be compensated for loss or damage caused by building works.
  • Request security for expenses before work starts under the Act. This is to guard against any potential loss, such as if works are not completed for instance.

We advise neighbours on what to expect and how their own property should be protected during proposed works.

Party Wall & Neighbourly Matters Services

Party Wall Advice

Impact upon Neighbours

Boundary Reports & Advice

Schedules of Condition

Crane Oversail & Scaffold Licensing

Rights of Way & Easements

Movement & Vibration Monitoring

Development Agreements

Neighbourly Liaison

Further Guidance when appointing a Party Wall Surveyor

For information on how the Party Wall Act affects you as a Building Owner or as an Adjoining Owner, see our Party Wall Fact Sheet. You can also find further information in our Party Wall FAQs. This has been compiled this from questions we are often asked about the Act.

You can also find guidance on choosing a Party Wall Surveyor in our recent news article.

There is some further information in the government’s explanatory booklet on the Party Wall process.

If you are unsure how the Party Wall Act affects your property and want some advice please give us a call. If you would rather we called you instead, please fill in our Contact form and we will be in touch.


For advice direct from one of our Surveyors, please call our Enquiry line on 020 4534 3135

If you are planning work covered by the Act, or if you have received notice of work from a neighbour and want advice on how best to protect your property, please contact :

Henry Woodley

Associate Director

DD : 020 7947 0951

M : 07340 027 614

To request a call back from a member of the Norwich Party Wall team, please fill in our Contact Us form.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience.