Can building work start before a Party Wall agreement is reached?

The Party Wall Act is very clear that either written consent to the work or a ‘Party Wall Award’ must be in place to allow works to go ahead.

This means not a single piece of work, even preparing the land or the surfaces, can go ahead before this happens or the Adjoining Owners may have a claim against you.

Sign up to our newsletter

This website uses cookies to improve your experience.