Can you reach a party wall agreement without a surveyor?

Surveyors are only appointed where a dispute occurs, either because an adjoining owner does not respond, or where they respond and indicate there is a dispute.

Adjoining owners may instead consent to a notice and this consent can be conditional, for instance provided a record of the condition of their premises is undertaken before the works begin.

Having consented to a notice, any subsequent dispute can be referred to surveyors if needed, for instance if damage is caused and cannot be agreed between the owners.

Sign up to our newsletter

This website uses cookies to improve your experience.